Mass Effect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect

Mass Effect

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arina Shepard
Admin

Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:13 am

Arina still couldn't believe it... It had been two years since the Normandy SR-1 had been attacked and during that two years she was dead. She didn't know how, but Cerberus had gotten a hold of her body after the ship was destroyed and somehow revived her.

Her first question was about the crew. Her next question was, were there any others apart of the Lazarus project. Third one question was something she was afraid of...

Was she a clone? Android? Was she even human anymore?

She had been reassured she was the same as before, just with some cybernetic implants. And there were the strange glowing scars, but Dr. Chakwas reassured her they would heal, if she remained positive.

That's comforting... how can I be positive with everything that's happened?

She kept that thought to herself.

The tour of the Normandy SR-2 was coming to a close. Part of her felt drained, but she mostly felt anxious. The only place she had not looked at was her new cabin. Miranda's office took the place of where it had been on the first Normandy.

Arina leaned against the wall of the elevator, tapping her fingers on the railing to imaginary music. The doors opened as she came to a short hallway, where her door was about three steps from elevator. "Talk about your privacy..." She mumbled, before opening her door.

Her eyes grew wide at the size. She took a few steps into the large room, staring at the empty aquarium in astonishment. This was... this was too much. Why would Cerberus make such an elaborate Captain's Cabin?

"EDI? What's this part of the ship?" She asked, saying the automatic words she had been saying all day. It was kind of odd she had an EDI hub in her quarters.

"This is the Captain's Cabin."

"I've never seen a room this big for a warship."

"That is because the Normandy SR-2 is not a warship..."
Arina moved around the room, listening to EDI as the AI spoke. After the AI gave the full explanation, she moved to the radio by her bed and flipped on some music.

After a little more exploring, she changed out of the Cerberus uniform and put some civilian clothes instead. It was the only outfit that looked comfortable enough for her. "Note to self... go shopping for more clothes..."
Back to top Go down
https://masseffectourturn.forumotion.com
Joker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:55 am

Joker wanted to give Arina some time before he would go to her room and present her gifts he had gotten for her. He smiled down at the gifts, knowing she would be the one to appreciate them the most. But he knew one gift was going to be her most favorite, after all it was one her favorite things in the world. Once the minutes he wanted to wait were over, he grabbed the box with the gifts and headed up to Arina's room. Limping as he did. Why was the box so heavy? He didn't think this one through, especially since one of the gifts kept moving. Dammit, he was dumb.

But he was able to make his way to the elevator safely. He then asked EDI to bring him to the Captain's Deck, and she did. He then limped to the door and knocked on it, before watching it open. He smiled when he saw Arina looking up at him.

"Hey Commander, I got you some gifts! For you know, coming back from the dead and everything. Plus it's kind of like your birthday so gifts are even more acceptable!" He laughed as he walked into the room and placed the box down, but stood in front of it so she wouldn't see anything. He then made a sound of a trumpet!

"Hear ye, hear ye, the gifts for the Commander have arrived. The knight Joker had searched everywhere for these for you my Commander!" He said as he bowed slightly, before standing up and laughing a bit. He then turned to pick up the first gift, he turned around and showed some bags of fish!

"The first gift is fish!" He said before he placed them right by her aquarium. "The most exotic ones I could find." He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Arina Shepard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:16 am

Arina was currently debating on burning the uniforms. They all looked bad on her and she didn't see herself working for Cerberus. They just had a common goal, save the missing colonists and stop the Collectors.

Hearing a knock on the door, her head lifted up, before the door opened. She turned her head and was surprised to see Joker standing there with some boxes. "Joker?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Gifts? She thought walking over to the stairs. Her look turned to one of amusement of him welcoming her back from the dead and stating it was technically her birthday now. She rolled her eyes a little, still looking amused. "You know you didn't need to get my anything, Joker." She told him, silently thinking having him with her through this was enough of a gift.

Instead of handing her the gifts, he set them down, blocking them from her view. A laugh left her when he made a sound of a trumpet.

"Knight Joker?" She asked, leaning against the wall that separated the office from the bed. "Fish?" She repeated, before moving over to the bags, looks at the exotic fish in wonder. "How much did these cost you?" She asked, recognizing a few fish as to having been from Earth. Reminded her of the times her and her sister snuck into the Aquarium after hours.

Last edited by Arina Shepard on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:29 am

"Cost is nothing to me thanks to me being Normandy's pilot, and disability. So they weren't nearly as expensive as they would be for you." He stated with a smile. "So let's not worry about it! I didn't have to get you gifts, but I decided to. This is a hard time for you, so you need help staying happy! And you know me! I'm the Joker!" He laughed, before he turned to the box again.

"Okay gift number two!" He said happily as he bent over to grab the other gift. It looked as if he was struggling a little bit. He was adjusting something on the gift. There was a slight little noise to be made, which made him shoosh it. He didn't want it giving itself away before it was perfect. Once it was to his liking he went to pick it up, but it jumped out of the box and started rubbing itself on his right leg.

The kitten rubbed herself on his leg, before taking notice of Arina. To which she meowed at crawled to her. She had a cute purple bow around her neck. It almost looked like the color of Arina's eyes. Once the kitten got to her she started rubbing herself on Arina, purring as she did.

Joker laughed, "Well there is number two! You always said you wanted a cat around here, and she was the cutest one I could fine! And don't ask about the cost. I don't mind at all. Plus everyone needs a furry friend." He stated with a big smile as he saw how Arina was reacting to the kitten. Little did she know, he wasn't that fond of cats, but seeing how happy she was and how the cat reacted to her, made him question himself.

"Look, you two are already pals. I don't know if I should be jealous or not, she might take my spot!" He said before his eyes widened. "I think I might have to take her away from you." He said jokingly with a shocked expression.
Back to top Go down
Arina Shepard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 am

Arina softly smiled at him as he turned to get the second gift. She had never been used to getting gifts, but it was sweet of him to think of her. "When did you get these things?" She asked, curious of how long he had the gifts.

An eyebrow went up when she noticed he was having some issues. "Uh... want some help?" She asked, now unsure if she should be excited about this gift...

...Did he get her a hamster? She didn't really like hamsters...

But when a cute tiny yellow/orange tabby kitten with a bow that matched her eyes, hopped out of the box, Arina's uncertainity left her. "Joker!" A big smile came on her face as the kitten came over to her and rubbed against her.

Picking up the kitten, she looked at Joker with a huge smile. "She's adorable! How did EDI ever let you bring her aboard?"

When he said he didn't know if he should be jealous or not, she laughed, rolling her eyes. She turned her body away from him when he said he might have to take her new kitten away from her. "Ohhh, no! She's stays with me, and that's an order." She ordered, but her eyes were dancing with glee.
Back to top Go down
Joker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:51 pm

"A lot of convincing. I also told her that you needed her. Especially right now, plus it helped when I said you loved cats." He said with a smile before laughing when she gave him an order. "Okay, Commander as long as you don't forget who your number one man is!" He said with a even bigger smile at how she was looking at him. Such a beautiful smile, and her eyes were amazing. God she was beautiful. If only she knew how he felt about her. No, it could never happen. He would break rank.

Without anymore thinking he clapped his hands together. "Okay the last gift!" He said as he turned around and took out the last gift. He turned around, revealing a black N7 Hoodie with the signature line down the right arm. "This one is a tribute to the old Normandy so you don't have to wear Cerberus things. We might be working with them, but we are not part of their team. And you needed something from the old one. After all that is where this team started." He said as she started limping to her.

He gently unfolded the sweat and revealed the whole thing, hoping she would like it. He then forgot one more thing, it was in the pocket of the hoodie. He took them out. "I also found these for you, someone had sent them to the Normandy." He said, taking out her dog tags. The ones that she thought were lost forever.
Back to top Go down
Arina Shepard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Arina gave him an amused look. "Joker... she's a girl... so, don't worry, no one's taking your place." She said, giving him a teasing wink, before holding her new kitten up close to her face. "...Hmm... should I call her Harley?" She questioned, thinking about the old comic book series from Earth's history that had a character named Joker and another named Harley Quinn. "I'm glad you convinced EDI... Does Miranda know?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at her pilot.

"Another one?" She asked, when he mentioned the last gift. "Joker... this is too..." Her voice trailed off when she saw the N7 hoodie. "Joker..." She breathed, as he limped over to her. When he revealed the whole thing, she touched it lightly, a small smile appearing on her face. "I... thank you..."

Then... he pulled out her dog tags from the pocket. She set the kitten down on the couch, not paying attention as she started to explore the room. Tentatively, she took the jacket and her dog tags from him. Staring at the dog tags, she felt the familiar metal, except more beat up than ever before. "I thought I would never see these again..." She mumbled, as if forgetting that Joker was even there.

Silently, she put the hoodie on, before putting her old dog tags on. Then, she moved forward and hugged her best friend. "Thank you, Joker..." She whispered, feeling mixed emotions about everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}   Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker} Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back! (from the dead) {Arina x Joker}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mass Effect :: Out of Main Story :: Fanfiction-
Jump to: